On Friday 10 Jumada II 1440 AH, 15/02/2019, Hizb ut Tahrir in Wilayah of Sudan held a public rhetorical festival in Khartoum, instead of the festival, which was due to be held on Saturday, 16/2/ 2019, in Ash-Shaheed Az-Zubair Muhammad Salih International Conference Centre, entitled: “Sudan’s Future Between Secularism and Islamic Shariah” which the Khartoum state security authorities prevented. The festival was attended by a group of scholars, leaders of Islamic work and imams of Masajid. The following were the participant speakers:
- Muhammad Musa Al-Barr – researcher and professor at the University of the Holy Quran.
- Hassan As-Samani (Abu Dujana) – Chairman of the National Reform Party and member of the National Front for Change.
- Sheikh At-Taj Abdul Muttalib – member of the Executive Office, and the head of the Dawah section in Jamma’t Al-‘Itisam by the Book and Sunnah.
- Hassan Abdul Hamid – Deputy General Observer of the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Muhammed Yousif Al-‘Araki – on behalf of Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Zain – one of the leaders of Sufi ways.
- Abdul Aziz Al-Na’im – Chairman of the Unitary Forum.
- Muhammad Abdul Rahman – Imam and Khatib of Al-Rahman Masjid in Al-Kalakla Al-Munawara – member of Hizb ut Tahrir.
- Engineer Akram Sa’d – Member of Hizb ut Tahrir.
- Abdullah Abu Imam – Researcher and writer, member of the Sudanese Writers Association.
- Abdullah Abdul Rahman – Member of the Council of Hizb ut Tahrir / Wilayah of Sudan.
The speakers agreed that the Shariah law should be implemented under the Khilafah (Caliphate) state. The official spokesman of the Hizb ut Tahrir/ Wilayah of Sudan, gave the keynote speech of Hizb ut Tahrir / Wilayah of Sudan, stressing that the Ummah did not weaken and is not humiliated only after it abandoned the ruling by the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of its Prophet ﷺ, and ruled by secular systems, resulting oppression and poverty. In his speech, the spokesman also explained how Islam alone is the just system that achieves a decent life and preserves the honour, money and blood.
At the end of the speech, he directed a call to the scholars, the leaders of the Islamic, party and the Dawah work, and to the imams of the Masajid; that there is no time to wait and stand on the sidewalk, rather they must advance the ranks, working to restore to the Khilafah Rashida (rightly guided Caliphate) on the method of Prophethood, raising the banner of Al-‘Uqab the banner of the Messenger of Allah ﷺ. The audience interacted with the speeches in Takbeer and Tahlil, and the demand for the implementation of Islam, under its state, the Khilafah Rashida (rightly guided Caliphate) on the method of Prophethood.
Ibrahim Othman (Abu Khalil)
Official Spokesman of Hizb ut Tahrir in Wilayah Sudan
Saturday, 11th Jumada II 1440 AH
No: HTS 1440 / 33