Considering the latest events of violence taking place worldwide, and the Western regimes exploiting these events in their media in distorting the image of Islam and the military strikes that violated the sanctity of the Muslim lands especially the pure lands of ash-Sham, we in Hizb ut Tahrir (HT) are fully aware of this wider aim at targeting the call for the implementation of Islam through a political entity, which is the distortion of the image of the Khilafah upon the method of the Prophethood and preventing its establishment, demonizing the image of sincere Muslims working for its establishment under the pretext of fighting terrorism.
Hizb ut Tahrir has clearly and publicly stated in its press release, “Hizb ut Tahrir is a Standalone Political Party, It does not Represent Anyone nor is it Represented by Anyone!” issued 22/03/2013 we are not connected to any party regardless of what it is, neither do we have any organizational relationship with any party, and the Hizb does not have any other branches, sections or organisations. As we insisted in other areas that the alleged caliphate pronounced by ISIS is Islamically illegitimate and does not have legitimate standing from the Sharia components and standards for many reasons, most notably: first the reality of ISIS on the ground is that it is a mere military organization much like the dozens and hundreds of other military organizations seeking to control larger areas of land. It is a militant organization after its announcement as it was prior to it. Second the caliphate is a state where the caliph receives legitimate bayaah from the Ummah (where the bayaah is given voluntarily and not by force or coercion) provided that this caliphate state has the state components so as to be capable of both implementing the full Islam in governing the welfare of the public and providing the security both internally and fending off any external threat.
We in the Central Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir remind you of the following:
- Hizb ut Tahrir is a political party whose ideology is Islam, so politics is its work and Islam is its ideology. The Hizb established in 1953 in Jerusalem at the hands of Sheikh Taqiuddin an-Nabahani (may Allah have mercy on him) spreading to encompass the majority of the Muslim lands and naturally spread by Muslims in the West to clarify the ideology of Islam as a complete and comprehensive way of life. It works within the Ummah (the Muslim people) and together with it, so that it adopts Islam as its cause and is led to restore the Khilafah upon the methodology of the Prophethood and the ruling by what Allah Almighty revealed. Hizb ut Tahrir is a political group and not a priestly one. Nor is it an academic, educational or a charity group nor a militant group employing material tactics or methods.
- The Aim of Hizb ut Tahrir is to resume the Islamic way of life and to convey the Islamic message to the world. This objective means bringing the Muslims back to living the Islamic way of life in Dar al-Islam, such that all of life’s affairs in society are administered according to the Shari’ah rules, and the viewpoint in it is the “halal and the haram principle” to achieve this goal Islam mandates the establishment of the Islamic State, the Khilafah State, in following the methodology of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ. Hizb ut Tahrir aims at the correct revival of the Ummah through enlightened thought using political and intellectual struggles.
- The Methodology of Hizb ut Tahrir – the Party defined its method of work into three stages:
- The First Stage: The stage of educational culturing to produce people who believe in the ideas and the method of the Party, so that they form the Party group.
- The Second Stage: The stage of interaction with the Ummah, to let the Ummah to carry Islam taking it as its issue, and thus works to implement it in the day to day affairs of life at the level of individual, state and society, and seeking Nusrah (the material support) from the people of power and rank to hand over the rule.
- The Third Stage: The stage of establishing government in Muslim lands, implementing Islam generally and comprehensively, and propagating it as a message to the world.
Hizb ut Tahrir does not employ any violent approach in any land to achieve its objectives. The track record since its foundation in 1953 speaks for itself in this regard.
Hizb ut Tahrir is clear, open and challenging in presenting its thoughts and ideas, both in its struggle against the disbelieving colonialist countries or in its struggle against the rulers. It challenges everybody who disagrees with Islam and its laws, while insisting that only Islam offers the true, universal solutions for humanity.
For any more information about the aims and activities of Hizb ut Tahrir worldwide, please refer to our official websites and publications also available on our site: www.hizb-ut-tahrir.info Please feel free to contact our official Media Office Spokespersons and Representatives of Hizb ut Tahrir throughout the world for any further information.
Director of The Central Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir
Saturday, 16th Safar 1437 AH
Issue No: 1437 AH /007