Against the background of a leaflet distribution by members of Hizb ut Tahrir / Wilayah of Sudan, that was issued by the party entitled: “Let It Be a Fortified Revolution that Achieves Its Goals of Real Change”, the security authorities arrested the following Brothers:
- Abdul Rahim Abdullah – from the mosque in Square 22, Dar As-Salaam in Omdurman.
- Malik Mohammad Hamid – from Sayed Ash-Shuhada Mosque in Ad-Drushab south – Khartoum North.
- Ali Hasaballah – from the mosque in Riyadh neighborhood (East of the Nile) in the city of Wad Madani.
The above leaflet was distributed on 28/12/2018, after Friday prayers in most mosques in the capital and other cities of Sudan. The leaflet carries messages to the revolutionaries, the security and police forces and to the people of power and protection.
- In the first message to the revolutionaries, the message requested them not to be dragged behind the suspicious acts and that their demand and objective should be to resume the Islamic way of life and the implementation of the Islamic law (Shariah) by establishing the Khilafah (caliphate), and to reject any change based on non-Islam pillars.
- The second message is a warning to the security and police forces from killing demonstrators, beating them or intimidating them because all of this is Haram in the Shariah.
- The leaflet concluded by asking the people of power and protection in the armed forces to be like the Ansar who supported the Messenger of Allah ﷺ. He ﷺ established the first Islamic state. The message urged them to repeat the same action by giving the Hizb ut Tahrir the support to establish the Khilafah Rashidah (righteous Caliphate) on the method of Prophethood.
Does this warrant the arrests? The messages stated in the leaflet are from the Shariah, by Allah, they are words weighed by the balance of gold, and written with the light of guidance. They should have helped those who distributed it, and thank them for it. It is the advice that the Prophet ﷺ stated: «الدِّينُ النَّصِيحَةُ» قُلْنَا: لِمَنْ؟ قَالَ: «لِلَّهِ وَلِكِتَابِهِ وَلِرَسُولِهِ وَلِأَئِمَّةِ الْمُسْلِمِينَ وَعَامَّتِهِمْ» “The Deen is naseeha (sincere advice).” We said: to whom? He said: “To Allah, His Book, His Messenger and the Imams (leaders) of the Muslims and the general people.”
Members of Hizb ut Tahrir who have been arrested know that this is a tax of carrying the call, and they accept it with joy, awaiting the glad-tiding, and they are not afraid. However much you arrest from the Dawah carriers it will not delay the real change, it is coming, Allah willing. It is the glad-tiding of the Messenger of Allah ﷺ who said: «ثُمَّ تَكُونُ خِلَافَةٌ عَلَى مِنْهَاجِ النُّبُوَّةِ» “Then there will be Khilafah on the method of the Prophethood.”
It is the duty of the authority to immediately release the detainees from the Dawah carriers and other detainees from the sons of the Ummah, or bring them to trial if they have committed a crime that deserves one!
Ibrahim Othman (Abu Khalil)
Official Spokesman of Hizb ut Tahrir in Wilayah Sudan
Friday, 21st Rabii’ II 1440 AH
No: HTS 1440 / 18