On the night eve of Friday, 18/10/2019 people gathered in streets in the thousands, in the capital Beirut, and in the north and south of Lebanon. Matters developed into confrontations between people and security forces in Riad Al Solh Square in Beirut, and the people’s chants called for toppling the regime in an expression of their resentment at what remains of this rundown system, especially after the state of recklessness that appeared in the announcement of the government on Thursday, 17/10/2019, after the approval of a new tax bundle, that even affected social media, which is free from the service provider!
But the corrupt, tax-minded people and not the guardians of their people in this entity insist on austerity and stifling the people and looting the remaining pennies in the public’s pockets. Moreover, the Lebanese lira weakened by untruthful financial policies, which claim monetary stability, while the bank and its governor ignore that the lira has fallen against the dollar in the markets. It is seemingly a deliberate and systematic policy to:
– Withdraw hard currency, especially the dollar from the markets, to repay the debt of this entity from the pockets of people.
– To cover the series of salaries and posts that were approved by the Authority for political electoral purposes at the time, and when it got involved, the corrupt minds found the solution in weakening the lira against the dollar in the markets, which earns the central bank more hard currency from the exchange differences.
– Reducing the margin of the lira to the dollar is a problem for the central bank, even if it weakens the purchasing power of money in people’s hands if matters continue further.
So that the result would be to fill the state treasury in dollars, even if this leads to the impoverishment of the people and to make the currency in their hands with weak purchasing power, in addition to encouraging the central bank to raise the interest rate on the lira significantly by up to 13%, which leads the investor to put his money in the banks instead of risking the markets with little profits, which disrupted markets and trade in a way not secret to anyone!
O people, you have come out today expressing your will and the depth of your pain. We warn you like we warned all the revolutionaries who revolted against injustice in the countries around you. We warn you of the various dangers to avoid falling into:
– The danger of corruption bosses trying to ride your wave and lead it, and believing their false promises, we mean the corrupt political center.
– The danger of corrupting your demands movement from the regime’s Shabiha (thugs), its members and its beneficiaries, we mean the regime’s parties.
– The risk of stalling and delaying by governments to kill any movement, we mean all previous and subsequent governments.
We draw your attention that the root of true corruption lies in:
– The abhorrent sectarianism that controls the country and the people, and prevents the fight against corruption, which your movement must be a feasible opportunity to reject.
– That the problem of Lebanon is an entity problem, that is, the nature of its existence and composition, so change must be at the core level of the entity, and its existence in this way, as being separate from its natural environment, the land of Islam and Muslims, it is a radical change and not a formality.
– The economic system used in this entity is the same system that proved its failure in its land, and still generates crisis after crisis; the capitalist system, in terms of usury being its basis. يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَذَرُوا مَا بَقِيَ مِنَ الرِّبَا إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ * فَإِن لَّمْ تَفْعَلُوا فَأْذَنُوا بِحَرْبٍ مِّنَ اللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ وَإِن تُبْتُمْ فَلَكُمْ رُءُوسُ أَمْوَالِكُمْ لَا تَظْلِمُونَ وَلَا تُظْلَمُونَ “O you who have believed, fear Allah and give up what remains [due to you] of interest, if you should be believers* And if you do not, then be informed of a war [against you] from Allah and His Messenger. But if you repent, you may have your principal – [thus] you do no wrong, nor are you wronged” [Al-Baqara: 278-279] يَمْحَقُ اللَّهُ الرِّبَا وَيُرْبِي الصَّدَقَاتِ وَاللَّهُ لَا يُحِبُّ كُلَّ كَفَّارٍ أَثِيمٍ… “Allah destroys interest and gives increase for charities. And Allah does not like every sinning disbeliever” [Al-Baqara: 276].
– What this capitalist system produced from the subjugation of politicians, and even their and their parties turning into service bodies for the benefit of banks and companies.
– That the country over the years of the application of this system has become hostage to the financial policies of foreign currencies, especially the dollar, the currency of the Master State of Lebanon!!!
If you are aware of these dangers and know the basis of real corruption, you can protect your movement from being exploited by the country’s corrupt politicians, and you would have opened the door to a political center among you that represents you and represents your legitimate aspirations of dignity and security.
While we realize that the problem is in the basis of the entity and its composition, but if the owners of politics in this country are truthful, alas, they would take a series of actions such as:
– Stopping the payment of usury to banks, and returning their capital.
– Separating the currency from the dollar and other foreign currencies, and adopting the gold and silver base as a cover for the currency, which stops inflation.
– Stopping the adoption of tax policy as a solution to every crisis, which weighs heavily on individuals and businesses.
– Dependence on sound economic bases based on industry and agriculture, not on the large number of imports at the expense of exports, which caused the trade balance deficit.
However the state’s politicians are their merchants, and they are the owners of their banks, and consider the country and people a farm for them and their children; they do not care to take any action that threatens their existence and interests!!!
Therefore, Hizb ut Tahrir / Wilayah of Lebanon, in this regard, reminds you of its political project, the only project that will save Lebanon, and indeed the world, from the sludge and mud of these corrupt puppet regimes to the core, its project based on the creation of an executive entity that applies the political, economic and social provisions of Islam, which preserves the supreme fixed goals of the maintenance of society, in the preservation of the humanity mind, human dignity, self, property, Deen and security, and the state that cares for it; in a state that regulates the affairs of all people according to the commands of Allah and its prohibitions, the Khilafah Rashida (righteous Caliphate) state on the method of Prophethood, in which all people lived, Muslims and non-Muslims, and found only peace of mind, security and tranquillity, because it is a system from the Lord of the heavens and the earth, Allah, Lord of the Worlds.
وَلَوْ أَنَّ أَهْلَ الْقُرَىٰ آمَنُوا وَاتَّقَوْا لَفَتَحْنَا عَلَيْهِم بَرَكَاتٍ مِّنَ السَّمَاءِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَلَٰكِن كَذَّبُوا فَأَخَذْنَاهُم بِمَا كَانُوا يَكْسِبُونَ
“And if only the people of the cities had believed and feared Allah, We would have opened upon them blessings from the heaven and the earth; but they denied [the messengers], so We seized them for what they were earning.” [Al-A’raf: 96]
Hizb ut Tahrir Wilayah Lebanon
Friday 19 Safar 1441 AH