Following on from our successful global campaign and international women’s conference in October 2018, “The Family: Challenges & Islamic Solutions”, the Women’s Section in the Central Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir is pleased to announce the launch of our new Facebook pages dedicated to addressing subjects related to the global crisis affecting the “Family Unit”. These new pages, which will be in Arabic, English, Turkish and Indonesian, will present again the host of materials published in the campaign and conference as well as explore further topics regarding the reality, causes and solutions to the disharmony and division affecting the family structure in communities across the world.
Strong, unified and harmonious family structures are at the heart of strong, stable and successful societies. However, today the family unit is in meltdown in communities across the world, including the Muslim lands. Destructive liberal sexual freedoms, hedonistic individualistic lifestyles, materialistic capitalist ideals, divisive feminist concepts such as gender equality and non-Islamic traditional views and practices have undermined marriage, motherhood and sown discord in marital and family life which were consequently entrenched in sedition, resulting in an epidemic of family breakdown.
Governments today, whether in the West or the Muslim world, who are presiding over this crisis involving the family unit have proven themselves incapable of providing sound solutions to prevent or solve this major problem. In fact, many of their political, economic and social policies and laws have exacerbated this disintegration of family life, including their championing of liberal, feminist and other immoral ideas and lifestyles within their societies. In the Muslim lands, the secularization of Islamic social and family laws by secular and other non-Islamic regimes has also added to this crisis.
Unhappy, fragmented and dysfunctional marriages and family lives cause huge emotional turmoil for all involved and can have a devastating impact on children and society. Serious attention therefore needs to be given to addressing this crisis in the family unit to save it from ruin. These new Facebook pages will therefore:
- Highlight the dangers of the changing face of the family structure today;
- Identify the key factors harming marriage and family life;
- Expose international and national agendas to secularise the Islamic family and social laws;
- Showcase the Islamic social system and demonstrate how its unique view towards regulating gender relations and its sound principles and laws can protect marriage, nurture love and happiness within marital life, elevate the status of motherhood and establish strong family units; and
- Explain the vital role that Islamic governance under the Khilafah State (Caliphate) based upon the Prophethood plays in cultivating, promoting and protecting strong marriages and family units.
We call you to follow, like and share our new pages and their content. We pray that with Allah (swt)’s Help, these pages will be a clear path towards healing the discord plaguing many marriages today and contribute in creating strong and harmonious family units.
Links to the Pages:
Link to the Launch Advert for the Pages: https://youtu.be/nuQAXhbGYIw
Dr. Nazreen Nawaz
Director of the Women’s Section in The Central Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir
Friday, 24th Jumada II 1440 AH
Issue No: 1440 AH / 020