Tafsir of Al-Imran: 102
Facebook Live Talk Delivered by Dr. Nazreen Nawaz,
Director of the Women’s Section in The Central Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir
Alhamdullialah, Alhamdullialahi Rabil Aalamin. Wasalaatu Wassalamu, ‘Alaa Sayidina Muhammad, Wa Alaaa Aalihe, Wa Sahbehi, Ajmain. Rabbi Ishrahli Sadri Wa-Yassirlee Amri Wahlul Uqdatum-Minlisaanee Yafqahu Qawlee.
- Sisters, I’d like to start with a question to you – “As these blessed days of Ramadan draw to an end, what is the MAIN AIM you want to achieve by the END of this month? What kind of CHANGE do you want to make to your life?”
- This is a crucial question each and every one of us needs to ask ourselves and answer carefully because if we don’t we may MISS the essence of what these blessed days are all about – and it’s an opportunity that might not come again – because who knows if this is our last Ramadan – and we should think about it in this way.
- Some would say that the MAIN AIM of this month is to gain forgiveness from Allah (swt) for all our previous sins, to save ourselves from the Fire and to secure as much reward as possible and the highest station in Jannah. All of these objectives are true BUT these are things we want from Allah….BUT what does Allah WANT from us to be deserving of all these things….to understand this, let’s look at 2 of the main verses related to Ramadan:
- Firstly, Allah (swt) says in Surah Al-Baqara: verse 185, شَهْرُ رَمَضَانَ الَّذِيَ أُنزِلَ فِيهِ الْقُرْآنُ هُدًى لِّلنَّاسِ وَبَيِّنَاتٍ مِّنَ الْهُدَى وَالْفُرْقَانِ “Ramadhan is the Month in which was sent down the Quran, as a guide to mankind, also clear signs for guidance and Al-Furqan – judgement between right and wrong.”
- So the first aim sisters, is to TRULY APPRECIATE that the Qur’an came down to us in this blessed month as a guide for EVERY aspect of our life – spiritual actions, morals, how to dress, interact with opposite sex, our family life, marriage, financial matters, how to deal with crimes, how to rule a state, punishments, relationship with foreign nations, everything – a GUIDANCE for us as individuals, as an Ummah, as humanity – to use as the CRITERION to decide between right and wrong to shape every judgement, every choice, every opinion, every decision, every law, every action we do – without exception.
- To TRULY APPRECIATE this point does not mean just believing it or saying it with words – but when you really appreciate something what do you do? – you work to make it HAPPEN, you make it a REALITY – in our lives our lives, in our lands, in this WORLD.
- The Prophet ﷺ said, «وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ» “Wal Qur’anu hujjatun laka aw ‘alaik – And the Qur’an is either a proof for you, or against you.” (Sahih Muslim)
- So every word of this Book that we recite in Ramadan and beyond will either be a proof for us or against us – Did we live by it, OR work to implement it in this world! Or did we ignore it and only select to do that which is easy for us?
- So this is the first AIM of this month – to truly understand our relationship with the Qur’an and make it the criterion for every sphere of our life as Muslims, and as an Ummah.
- Secondly sisters, Allah (swt) says in Surah Baqara,يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ “O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you that you may gain Taqwa (piety)” [2:183]
- So the second MAIN AIM of this month is for us to gain TAQWA – but what exactly is Taqwa?
- Taqwa is derived from the Arabic verb ‘Waqiya’, which linguistically means to PROTECT oneself. And the classical scholar of Islam, Al-Haafith ibn Hajar al-Asqalani described taqwa as placing a barrier between ourselves and the Punishment of Allah. So TAQWA is a FEAR or AWARENESS of Allah (swt) in ALL our actions and affairs that acts as a SHIELD that protects us from His Punishment – it’s awareness that should have a HUGE weight for the believer…it’s mentioned in over 230 verses in the Qur’an…and the Prophet ﷺ described it as the HEAD of all matters and the COLLECTION of all goodness.
- So Taqwa is the key to happiness and success in this life and the next. And so for the sincere Believer, he or she should yearn to be of the Muttaqeen – the ones with Taqwa.
- Who are Al-Muttaqeen?
- Because the Muttaqeen is like an exclusive club. Like being a gold card customer that comes with the ULTIMATE perks and privileges. Allah (swt) says,إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَخْشَوْنَ رَبَّهُم بِالْغَيْبِ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌ وَأَجْرٌ كَبِيرٌ “Lo! Those who feared their Lord in secret, theirs will be forgiveness and a great reward.” (Wa Ajrun Kabeer)” [Al-Mulk: 12], and says, وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مَخْرَجًا * وَيَرْزُقْهُ مِنْ حَيْثُ لَا يَحْتَسِبُ وَمَن يَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ فَهُوَ حَسْبُهُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ بَالِغُ أَمْرِهِ قَدْ جَعَلَ اللَّهُ لِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدْرًا “And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever relies upon Allah, then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things.” [At-Talaq: 2-3], and says,يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَآمِنُوا بِرَسُولِهِ يُؤْتِكُمْ كِفْلَيْنِ مِن رَّحْمَتِهِ وَيَجْعَل لَّكُمْ نُورًا تَمْشُونَ بِهِ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ “O you who believe! Fear Allah and believe in His Messenger, He will give you a double portion of His mercy, and He will give you a light by which you shall walk (straight). And He will forgive you. And Allah is Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [Al-Hadid: 28]
- So Subhaanallah sisters, the ones who are the Muttaqeen are promised by Allah(swt) – His Help, His Support, His Guidance, His Love, His Mercy, His Forgiveness, His Rewards, His Jannah – who would not want all this?
- But to earn this GOLD card and to enjoy these privileges requires for us to have the qualities of the Muttaqeen.
- What is Taqwa?
- So what are these QUALITIES? Again it’s vital that we answer this question correctly.
- Imagine sitting for an exam and revising so hard to get the best grade – night and day – but when you sit the paper – the material is not what you revised – because we didn’t pay attention to the curriculum or the content of the lectures.
- Could be the same thing with attaining Taqwa and becoming of the Muttaqeen – we may think we are doing the correct actions or following the correct path but at the end we might get a big fat “F” – for Fail.
- So how do many people see those who are pious / Muttaqeen? Many see them as the ones who pray, fast, recite Qur’an a lot, always have the tasbih in their hands, dress in religious attire, have beard, spend a long time in the mosque, live with the minimum of things in life.
- But this is not the way that Allah (swt) and His Messenger ﷺ describe Taqwa.
- In Surah Al-Imran, verse 102, Allah (swt) says, يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ اتَّقُواْ اللّهَ حَقَّ تُقَاتِهِ وَلاَ تَمُوتُنَّ إِلاَّ وَأَنتُم مُّسْلِمُونَ “O you who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared and do not die except as Muslims”.
The great companion of the Prophet ﷺ, Abdullah ibn Masud (ra) said, that fear Allah as He should be feared means, “…to obey Allah and never disobey Him, to remember Allah at all times and never forget Him, and to thank Allah and never show ingratitude.”
- So, Taqwa, is a CONSTANT AWARENESS AND FEAR of Allah (swt) that pushes us to be His devoted slaves in all matters of life, through complete obedience to His (swt)’s Laws and Limits in ALL actions, issues and fields of life. Abu Darda (ra) said: “From the completion of Taqwa is that the servant fears from His Lord even with regard to things, the weight of an atom.” Ibn Kathir (RM) says, “Allah commands us to fear Him, this includes doing what He has ordered and refraining from that which is reprimanded….”. And the great Khalifah Umar ibn Abdul Aziz stated, “Taqwa is not by fasting the day and not by praying the night. And its not by mixing between the two of them. But, taqwa is leaving what Allah (swt) has made Haram and by doing what Allah (swt) has made fard. After one has done this, Allah (swt) will provide good things for that person.’
- So the Muttaqeen are the ones who understand that their relationship with Allah (swt) is one of – HEAR and OBEY – to His EVERY Command and His EVERY Law – whether spiritual, moral, social, economic, judicial or political. It’s to leave our personal desires and opinions aside for what pleases Allah (swt) and submit in TOTAL obedience to Him in every matter in life and everything contained in this His Qur’an and the Sunnah of His Messenger. It’s to have total TRUST, total CONFIDENCE, total CERTAINTY that His Laws are the BEST way to live life as individuals, as an Ummah, as a society and state and as humanity.
– So for the ones who seek to be the Muttaqeen – there is no concept of – I’m not ready to do this Islamic obligation yet – I’ll do it later, OR it’s too difficult because it will affect my comfortable life, my interests, my ambitions, OR I don’t have time to do this – to seek knowledge about Islam or carry the dawa, OR we take part of Islam that we find easy (the spiritual and moral actions) and leave the rest (the political, economic and social aspects), OR this Law of Allah (swt) is not relevant to today’s world, OR His System needs to implemented gradually…..NO! It’s NONE of this – the relationship with our Rabb as Believers – should be one of – Hear and obey.
- The Characteristics of Al-Muttaqeen:
- So sisters…..
– the one with taqwa is not only the one who prays and fasts, or who stays up in Qiyaam, reciting Qur’an and performing dhikr and extra salah but the one who abides by the Islamic dress (khimar and jilbab) and the Islamic social laws in their interaction with the opposite sex; not socializing or being in Khulwa, or beautifying in presence of non-mahrem; it’s the one who treats their husband, wife, children, parents, and relatives with kindness and gives each their right from Islam; and it’s the one who deals with his business and money according to Islam – keeping away from riba and abiding by all the Islamic economic contracts and laws;
– the one with taqwa is NOT the one who stays on the prayer mat or in the mosque, while keeping silent on the butchering of our Ummah in Syria, Palestine, Myanmar and elsewhere but speaks out against this and works to remove this oppression as Allah (swt) orders;
– and the one with taqwa is NOT the one who only accounts those who do not pray, fast, or cover but rather the one who fulfils the obligation of accounting the Muslim rulers today; the one who speaks out against their corruption and implementation of kufr in our lands; and the one who carries the Dawah that calls for Allah (swt)’s Laws to rule through the establishment of the Khilafah state based upon the method of the Prophethood – as commanded by Allah (swt). lbn Abbas (ra), says: ‘as He is supposed to be feared’ means that they strive in His path as they should: they do not care about any one criticising them and they establish justice even against their own kith and kin.”
– Ali ibn Abi Talib (ra) sums Taqwa up when he says: ‘The signs of the pious are that they are pale out of vigilance: they have weak eyesight from weeping; their lips are withered because of fasting and they are covered with the dust of the devout.’ (i.e. the one who is always struggling in Allah’s cause).
- So sisters – visualize Taqwa like a KEY that unlocks the doors to the Pleasure of Allah (swt) and the door to Jannah – but like any key, it is difficult to unlock a door unless every tooth on that key fits the lock. Likewise, it is difficult for us as Muslims to unlock the door to Paradise unless the obedience to Allah (swt) is upon every action we do, and upon every law that we follow.
- The Rule of Islam Protects and Preserves the Taqwa of the Ummah
- Taqwa is also like a pearl – that is so precious – for it is our key to Jannah. But sisters – like a pearl it needs to be PROTECTED, like the shell of the oyster protects the pearl. But what is it that PROTECTS, PRESERVES AND BUILDS the Taqwa of the Ummah?
- In Surah Al-Imran verse 102 – Allah (swt) not only says – Fear Allah as he should be feared BUT also – “Die not except as Muslims”. So preserve your belief, your Deen, your Taqwa as Believers so that we do not die except as Muslims and except in total obedience to Allah? But HOW can we ensure this as an Ummah?
- The scholar, Ibn Juzayy in his dictionary of terms in the introduction to his tafsir said the following – “Taqwa’s meaning is fear, clinging to obedience to Allah and abandoning disobedience to Him. It is the sum of all good.”
- Visualise clinging onto something – what makes this easier and what makes this difficult – contrast when it’s calm verses when there is a storm or hurricane around you and you are trying not to be swept away.
- This is like the SOCIETY you live in sisters – if the beliefs, values and laws around you are in line with Islam – then it is like that calmness which makes it easier to hold on to the obedience of Allah and it will also strengthen your grip. But if not then it is literally like that hurricane around you – where you are trying to hold on to your obedience to Allah – your prayer, your dress, your morals, your hayah, your marital and family duties, zakat and even your Aqeeda by your fingertips.
- And it is the RULE of ISLAM, the Islamic System, the Khilafah, which establishes that calmness, that ATMOSPHERE OF IMAN within a society and therefore which acts as the SHIELD, the GUARD of Al-Muttaqeen. HOW?
- FIRSTLY – the Rule by Islam ensures that – ALL the beliefs, laws and systems of this Deen are implemented CORRECTLY upon a state:
- Imam Tahawi narrates a Hadith from Muslim ibn Yasar that the Prophet ﷺ said, “The (collection of the) Zakah, the (implementation of the) Hudood the (distribution of the) spoils and the (appointment of the) Jumu’ah are for the Sultan”.
- Ibn Taymiyyah stated in his book al-Hisbah fi’l-Islam, “…all the obligations of religion, like jihad, justice, arrangement for Hajj and ‘Id and Friday congregations, extending help to the oppressed and the enforcement of the penal provisions of the Quran, cannot be fulfilled without power and authority.” (i.e. the rule of Islam)
- Hence – FULFILLING all these Islamic obligations – the zakat, Hajj, the hudood, helping the oppressed, the Jihad, and ensuring the correct implementation of all the Islamic laws to do with contracts, business, marriage, divorce, inheritance, nafaqa, even foodstuffs and beyond – depend upon the existence of the rule by Islam, the Khilafah.
- SECONDLY, it is the Rule by Islam that ensures that the Ummah is surrounded by the noble and sublime values of Islam within the society and that prevents any corruption from entering the society. Alongside this, it builds the believers properly to be able to fulfil their obligations – through the education system, media and other arms of the state, as well enforcing the Islamic punishments upon those who don’t abide by the Commands of Allah (swt).
The great Islamic historian Ibn Hisham wrote regarding the establishment of the first Islamic state in Madinah: “When the Prophet ﷺ was assured and satisfied in Madinah and when his brothers from Muhajireen were gathered with him in Madinah along with his brothers from the Ansar, Islam was firmly established so the prayer was established, the Zakat and fasting were obligated, the hudud (punishment) were established, halal and haram was obligated and Islam was in power among them.”
So most of the duties in Islam were not made obligatory until the state was established in Madinah – because it is the rule by Islam which supports the Believers to fulfil their obligations correctly and corrects them – if they don’t through various means, including the Islamic punishments.
- All this sisters, PROTECTS, NURTURES AND STRENGTHENS THE TAQWA of the Believers aiding them to become Al Muttaqeen and to achieve the highest level in Jannah Insha Allah. The Rule of Islam under the Khilafah is therefore like the shell of that oyster, or the walls and roof of a building that surrounds the Taqwa of the Believers and guards it from erosion or attack. So there’s a FUNDAMENTAL and INTRINSIC link between the rule by Islam and the Taqwa of the Ummah.
- This is why Imam al-Ghazali (RM) said: “Ruling and the Deen are twins, the Deen is the origin and the Sultan (the ruling) is the guard, and that which has no origin will be destroyed and that which has no guard will be lost”. He also said that in the absence of the Khilafah: “The judges will be suspended, the Wilayaat (provinces) will be nullified … the decrees of those in authority will not be executed and all the people will be on the verge of Haram.”
- How the Taqwa of the Ummah is Attacked and Eroded Today
- And today sisters, in the absence of the Khilafah and the rule of Islam – isn’t this exactly what we see – where the Taqwa and OBEDIENCE of the Ummah to Allah(swt) is being eroded and attacked from all directions…and the Believers not only on the verge of Haraam but submerged in the Haraam?
- We see that even our BASIC IBADAT ACTIONS cannot be fulfilled properly – eg start of Ramadan (due to nationalism/division and political manipulation – so some miss the first fast or fast on day of Ramadan, the Hajj is politically manipulated with regards to granting visas, Zakat – we can’t be sure that we are paying it properly and it’s going to the correct category of people. And Riba, alcohol, gambling, drugs – are all freely available in our lands – corrupting the people.
- We see THE MEDIA – propagating all kinds of Asian and western culture – promoting lewdness, nudity, promiscuity, individualism, materialism, rebellious behavior in the youth, extramarital relationships, eroding the concept of marriage and family life in Islam. The family structure is in crisis in our communities. In Egypt – the divorce rate has increased from 7% to 40% in the past 50 years, and in Saudi – 8 divorces every hour according to Ministry of Justice, and it’s the same in other lands across the Muslim world.
- We see the EDUCATION SYSTEMS in our lands – westernizing the thinking of the youth. In Jordan – almost 20% of Islamic education previously taught from 7th – 10th grade has been removed; and pictures of women wearing the Hijaab in some school reading books have been removed and replaced with pictures of women in western dress and adorned with make-up who are presented as the ‘modern woman’. In Egypt, lessons regarding the Sahaba (ra) and great personalities from Islamic history such as Salahuddin Ayubi have been deleted from lessons under the pretext that they incite violence and extremism. And in Palestine, topics related to the Muslim Ummah’s Islamic history, culture and civilization have been removed from the curriculum. Even the phrase “Islam is the Deen of truth” has been deleted in the explanation of Surah Al-Kafiroon in the subject of Islamic Education in 2nd
- We see the ISLAMIC DRESS – is under attack. Here in the West we expect it – but what about in the sacred land of Makkah and Madinah? Prince Muhammad bin Salman commented that women should be able to dress according to what they define as decent and respectful – so there’s no need to follow the Islamic dress code. This is in addition to his agenda of the westernization of this sacred land to make it like Dubai – through leisure resorts and the like. So do not be surprised sisters if a few years from now you see tourists drinking khamr or women exposing their bodies near al-Masjid Al-Haram in Makkah or the Prophet’s Mosque – returning to the time of the Quraysh – La hawla wala quwatta illah billah
- Even THE AQEEDA of this Ummah is no longer safe. In Turkey – the last seat of the Khilafah – there was a recent report that stated that the spread of atheism amongst youth educated in religious high schools in the land is increasing – they are leaving their Deen – becoming Murtad! And there is a similar trend in other countries; we see it here in the West too. May Allah protect our youth. Ameen!
- OR we see the persecution of Muslims in China, Central Asia, Myanmar and other lands – who are being forced to leave their Islamic beliefs – with nowhere to run to be able to practice their Deen in safety. In China for example – in the Muslim province of Xinjiang – Muslim students and government workers are prohibited from fasting; they can lose their pension if they go on Hajj; Muslim women are being forced to marry non-Muslim Chinese men; and there are mass re-education camps – where 700,000-1million Muslims (out of the population of 11 million Muslims) – are being forced to take on the communist beliefs and leave Islam, as well as being forced to eat pork and drink alcohol.
- And all this sisters, is because we have REGIMES AND RULING SYSTEMS in our lands today that rule by KUFR and not Islam…SO rather than bringing the Ummah closer to their Rabb, they push them away from Him….Rather than giving sanctuary to Muslims being persecuted for their beliefs so that they can practice their Deen – they close their doors to them….In fact, within these states today obedience to Allah (swt) has become a crime, and the Muttaqeen are placed behind bars for simply fulfilling the Commands of Allah (swt) – as we see in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, Saudi, Tunisia, Jordan and other countries – pious men and women, scholars, dawah carriers imprisoned for calling for the Shariah of Allah, or accounting the ruler for ruling by kufr, or speaking out against the plots of the colonialists in our lands – all obligations in Islam.
- Sisters, this is the condition of the Ummah’s Taqwa in the absence of the Khilafah and the Rule of Islam. And it’s not surprising because the Prophet ﷺ said, «لَيُنْقَضَنَّ عُرَى الْإِسْلَامِ عُرْوَةً عُرْوَةً فَكُلَّمَا انْتَقَضَتْ عُرْوَةٌ تَشَبَّثَ النَّاسُ بِالَّتِي تَلِيهَا وَأَوَّلُهُنَّ نَقْضًا الْحُكْمُ وَآخِرُهُنَّ الصَّلَاةُ» “The knots of Islam will be undone one by one, each time a knot is undone the next one will be grasped, the first to be undone will be the Ruling and the last will be Prayer.” (Hakim/ Ahmed) – because the rule by Islam is the uppermost knot of this Deen that prevents the other knots of Islam from being untied.
- How the Khilafah would be the Shield of the Ummah’s Taqwa
- But sisters, I would like to give you A VISION today, of how different life would be under the Islamic rule of the Khilafah, which would be the SHIELD of the Ummah’s Taqwa.
- Imagine a state sisters that would bring to life the Qur’an and Sunnah into every facet of the society such that the beliefs and laws of Islam touch every part of the lives of the people; a state where no matter where you turn will remind you of your Lord and Creator, Allah Azza wa jal – from the billboards on the streets, to the curriculum of schools; from the structure of homes to the broadcasts of the media; from the transactions of the market place and the taxes you pay to the nature of businesses and economic contracts; from the purity of the relationship between men and women to the set-up of the transport system; from the running of family life to the treatment provided in hospitals; from the justice of the courts to the organisation of government and political institutions – everything will be in accordance with your Deen.
- A state that will establish the prayer, fasting, zakat, Islamic dress and all other Islamic obligations CORRECTLY upon the society and implement ALL the Rules and Limits of Allah, outlawing alcohol and gambling, closing down all those clubs and bars which encourage zina and all types of immoral behaviour and corruption, and instead support its citizens to become devoted and obedient servants of their Rabb.
- Imagine having a media which rather than spreading all kinds of fitnah and corruption and numbing the minds of the people in time-wasting dramas and films – broadcasts instead programmes, documentaries and other material which builds the Taqwa of the Ummah, educates them in their Deen, enriches them in their Islamic culture, builds their Islamic political thinking and takes a primary role in highlighting the state of the Ummah globally and being a formidable voice against any form of oppression in the world as well as carrying the Dawa of Islam to humanity.
Imagine having a state where the Muslim woman can wear her Islamic dress with honour and protection, enjoying the high status and true respect that she deserves as the one who embraces modesty and chastity and where all the Islamic social laws are implemented correctly to regulate the relationship between men and women such that both can have an active and productive public life while also maintaining their dignity and the sanctity of marriage and family life.
- Imagine sisters sending our children to be educated in schools, colleges and universities whose goal is not just to create the best minds academically but to build their Islamic Shaksiyya, such that Islam becomes the basis of all their thoughts, inclinations and actions in all areas of their life – where the Qur’an is taught in a practical way such that it becomes the blueprint of their life; science lessons are taught such that they gain a greater
appreciation of the magnificence of Allah (swt); history lessons are given in a way where they develop a pride of their Islamic heritage and where their role models, rather than being the empty singers and actors of today, would become the great Islamic personalities of the past who they are inspired to emulate in their outstanding qualities such as their bravery, piety, standing against injustice and protection of Islam – such that the youth of this Ummah become leading distinguished Islamic personalities who exemplify noble behavior, who are carriers of the Islamic dawah and fierce opponents of corruption and oppression, and embody the characteristics of leaders of humanity.
- And imagine a state sisters which will be ruled by leaders of Taqwa who understand their duty to strengthen the Iman of their people; rulers who will be the guardian of the Deen, constantly striving to keep their people steadfast on their obedience to Allah and excelling in pleasing Him, and who will encourage and aid the people to account them for any negligence in the implementation of Islam – like Umar bin Al Khattab (ra). It is reported that a person told Umar bin Al-Khattab (ra) to “fear Allah” publicly, and Umar responded by saying, “There is no goodness in you if you do not say it, and there is no goodness in us if we do not hear it.” (Manaqib Amir Al-Muminin by Ibn Jawzi. P.155). He also instructed Sa’ad ibn abi Waqas (ra) to not have doors on the government house in Kufa, so that the people could easily reach him and account him.
- Sisters, THIS is the state of the Khilafah – the System of Allah – the shield of the Ummah’s Taqwa – a state where the true believer would feel that he has finally, finally found his true HOME – where we will be able to live completely in accordance to the Commands of your Rabb – AIDED AND SUPPORTED to become of the Muttaqeen. This is why the great scholar Imam Ghazali said – “Verily the system of the Islamic way of life brought by Islam can only function properly with an obeyed Sultan (Khalifah).”
- Sisters – Do you want this state? Do you want to live within this state? Do you want your children to grow up in this state? Then make it happen Insha Allah! Work for it with all your efforts. Strengthen your determination this Ramadan to become of the Muttaqqeen – the ones who strive to implement ALL of Allah’s laws in your life and in this world! Do not lose this opportunity that Allah has given you to become His beloveds, to gain His forgiveness and to earn a great position in Jannah Insha Allah.
The Prophet ﷺ said,
«كُلُّ أُمَّتِي يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ، إِلاَّ مَنْ أَبَى». قَالُوا: يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ وَمَنْ يَأْبَى؟ قَالَ: «مَنْ أَطَاعَنِي دَخَلَ الْجَنَّةَ، وَمَنْ عَصَانِي فَقَدْ أَبَى»
“All my followers will enter Paradise except those who refuse.” They said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Who will refuse?” He said, “Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys me is the one who refuses (to enter it).”
Subhaana Rabbika Rabbil’izzati ‘ammaa yasifoon. Wasalaamul ‘alal mursaleen. Walhamdu lillaahi Rabbil ‘aalameen.