Alhamdulilah, and peace and prayers be on the Messenger of Allah and upon his family and companions and those who follow him,
I have received messages from some brothers asking me to reconsider (the decision) on all individuals who broke the oath (Nakath), left the party, or are being punished since the launch of the party in 1372 AH-1953 CE and to pardon individuals who deserve to be pardoned; giving them a new opportunity to carry the Dawah, maybe those given such opportunity will use it well in order to meet Allah pure and sincere, and whoever pardons…
عَفَا وَأَصْلَحَ فَأَجْرُهُ عَلَى اللَّهِ
“but whoever pardons and makes reconciliation – his reward is [due] from Allah”
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I have studied this issue from all angles: top, bottom, left and right… and then Allah (swt) guided me to this decision:
1- To pardon all those who broke the oath (Nakith), whoever left (the party), or are punished, permanently or temporary, whether with a circular of the punishment or without a circular. Each individual should send me a message through the Mas’ool of his country, and with the approval of the Mu’tamid, confirming the following:
- The individual’s regret of the reason for breaking the oath (Nakth), for leaving, or for the punishment.
- To make a pledge to Allah, Al-Aziz Al-Hakeem, that he will not go back and repeat the same action (the reason above).
- If the individual has a website or page, he should remove all content that harms the party, its leadership directly or indirectly.
- The individual must perform qiyam for three nights, making Istighfar and Tawba (seeking Allah’s forgiveness and repentance), and be truthful to Allah regarding one’s regret and pledge, and should mention this in his message that he will send to me.
If he carries out the above, then we will consider whatever he did never took place. And the party will embrace him once again after giving a new pledge (qasam)…if the individual was temporarily punished, after performing the above; we will consider whatever he did to have never happened, and the party will embrace him again without having to give a new pledge (qasam).
2- Three will be exempt from this pardon:
- Whoever betrayed the party being the head of the rebellion and dissent.
- Whoever betrayed the party’s leadership, slandered it, and lied deliberately and intentionally.
- Whoever betrayed the orphan’s wealth, took it, spent it and insisted on this.
3- I would like to say to the brothers who are not comfortable with the pardon decision for those individuals that: I am the one who holds the authority, and they must give me their obedience and respect, and execute my decision, as long as it is within my remit of authority and it is not in disobedience to Allah. I have also performed Ijtihad regarding this issue, and I ask Allah (swt) that I have not erred.
وَمَنْ يُؤْمِنْ بِاللَّهِ يَهْدِ قَلْبَهُ
“And whoever believes in Allah – He will guide his heart”
And Allah is our support
Wassalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuh
Ata Bin Khalil Abu Al-Rashtah
2nd Rajab Al-Muharam 1439 AH