Hizb ut Tahrir has carried out the campaign “Upon the Centenary of the Destruction of the Khilafah… O Muslims, Establish It!” throughout the last month, which consisted of a number of different activities; many videos, distribution of campaign flyers, interaction with Muslims and lastly leaflets aimed towards Muslims.
The campaign was initiated to remind the Muslims about the fall of the Caliphate (Khilafah) 100 years ago. Islam cannot fully exist without the Caliphate to implement Islam. Furthermore, the Caliphate is the indisputable alternative to solve the world’s problems, which makes it a target for slander and misrepresentation by Western media and politicians to deviate the people from it. The campaign and its contents were frequently discussed in society, on social media and even among politicians. The campaign has even gained substantial media coverage, though with plenty of wrongful statements about the party, the reporting was manipulative and obscene as a whole.
In light of these events, we, Hizb ut Tahrir / Sweden, want to establish the following:
- Hizb ut Tahrir is a political party, established solely upon Islam, which aims to resume the Islamic way of life by re-establishing the caliphate in the Islamic world. Hizb ut Tahrir works in the western world to protect the Muslims’ identity through informing and cultivating the Muslims with Islam’s ideas, as well as connecting them to the global Muslims Ummah (community) and its crucial questions. Consequently, Hizb ut Tahrir does not aim to overthrow the system in Sweden, neither in any other country in the west.
- Hizb ut Tahrir has a clearly determined method for change which is derived from the Islamic texts. Hizb ut Tahrir’s method is solely intellectual and political which entails challenging thoughts in the society and presenting the alternative. It is a well-known global fact that Hizb ut Tahrir does not make use of violent methods as we consider that to be violation towards the teachings of Islam and the Prophet’s method (pbuh).
- It is not a shock for us that a few media outlets use lies and manipulation in their coverage. Though it is remarkable that these media outlets use such dishonorable and unprofessional methods in order to misrepresent reality and not portray any real news. There are no secrets among Hizb ut Tahrir, we invite to our ideas in the society openly and with confidence, contrary to the media who hide under their masks, it is enough for the media to ask a question directly to us and get an answer rather than their current childish charade, which does not present any new information and rather reporting erroneous facts which diminishes their reliability. Subsequently, this manipulative media coverage has led to Hizb ut Tahrir’s presence becoming a national matter which is commented upon by politicians without representing our message and opinion in a correct and an honest manner.
- Hizb ut Tahrir was founded in 1953 in Jerusalem. Since then, the party’s work had been straightforward and it challenges with its arguments. Hizb ut Tahrir’s firm beliefs, courage and perseverance are the secret behind the party’s endurance in face of brutal actions of the dictators towards our members in the Islamic countries. It is shameful that the media are insisting upon their lies, entailing that Hizb ut Tahrir is working towards establishing the caliphate in Sweden and the western world, even though we have made it clear many times that this is not the case. People live in the Caliphate, regardless of belief or background, side by side in the society. Non-Muslims’ rights are guaranteed and well-preserved in the caliphate, and even have the right to have their own courts to rule the affairs that they have between them.
- The intellectual weakness which the western elite and politicians have, as well as their inability to face arguments with counter arguments has led them to carry out a fear mongering campaign which aims towards scaring the people and Muslims, separating us from society and thus establishing an immunity through lies. Instead of facing our arguments openly and honestly, they face us with tactics with the intent to demonize us, but this only goes to show their intellectual weakness and dishonesty.
- We in Hizb ut Tahrir want to establish the fact that neither these nor any other methods can intimidate and scare us away from working for Islam and spreading our ideas. Our conviction and determination are mightier than any scare-tactics which they can come up with. Islam is on the rise in the whole world, and the Muslims in Sweden are a part of this intellectual and political revival. Re-establishing the Caliphate in the Islamic world is the Muslims’ global matter and concerns all Muslims around the world.
Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir in Sweden
29 Rajab 1442 – Thursday, 11 March 2021
No: 01 / 1442